Just like you, your child needs to see the dentist for a regular check up to ensure optimal dental health. The more familiar your child becomes with dental visits and the importance of preventative care with West Hill Family Dental, the more likely they are to have fewer dental related problems as they progress through adulthood. Pediatric dental care is incredibly important and paramount for living a truly healthy life.
Checkups are essential for even the youngest of children because:
- Your child’s baby, or primary teeth are placeholders for their permanent teeth – detecting problems early saves a lot of time and money down the road.
- If a baby tooth has to come out early because of decay, orthodontic treatment may be necessary to reopen the space for the permanent tooth to emerge properly.
- Infected baby teeth can cause weakness or stains in permanent teeth below.
- Healthy baby teeth are essential for teaching young children how to properly chew food.
- Teeth have a significant impact on proper speech development in small children.
It’s easy for parents to miss problems in their children’s teeth. Your child can suffer from cavities, gingivitis, tooth sensitivity, and other conditions without you knowing it. When detected early, most conditions can be treated using less invasive methods. Contact our pediatric dentists to schedule an appointment for your child or children.