The health and safety of our patients and employees have always been our top priority. As health professionals, our concern for you and our team is heightened in this time of COVID-19. We welcome you back, and you will notice that we have made some modifications in our procedures.
The following guidelines are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC,) the American Dental Association (ADA) and Occupation Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). West Hill Family Dental is implementing these additional measures of safe practice on top of our long-held standards of sterilization and cleanliness. These changes are in place to keep all of us safe and healthy during these trying times:
- We will ask some screening questions before your visit and again when you arrive for your appointment.
- Your temperature will be checked before you enter the building before your appointment. The same will apply to staff members before starting their shift.
- A pre-treatment rinse will be required of all patients. The pre-rinse is a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide, and it is used to help prevent the spread of germs.
- High-speed intraoral and extraoral suction units will be used to assist us in keeping patients and staff safe.
- A tempered glass barrier has been installed around the front desk checkout area.
- You will be asked to use the provided hand sanitizer when you enter the office. Hand sanitizer will be available for your use throughout our office areas.
- To mitigate the spread of the virus, items that are difficult to clean and disinfect, such as magazines, children’s toys, etc. will no longer be provided.
- Social distancing practices between patients will be implemented. Waiting times and the number of patients in the reception area and entrance at any given time will be kept to a minimum.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), protective barriers, masks, gloves and critical sterilization products are kept in ample supply.
- Surfaces in the office, both clinical and non-clinical, will be wiped down with antimicrobial solution throughout the day.
- Each clinical space will be thoroughly disinfected after every patient. Disposable barriers will be changed. Where possible, all procedures will use single-use products.
- To provide distancing between patients, we are extending our hours and adjusting schedules to accommodate fewer people at any given time.
We do look forward to seeing you again and supporting your oral health while taking measures to keep you and our staff safe. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the steps we are taking. We appreciate your trust and loyalty and thank you for your continued confidence in our ability to provide you with exemplary oral care. Call today to schedule your appointment.